People seemed to like my ‘seven heathen whatevers’ this morning, so I’m going to repost them in the tags, because you never know who identifies with you on shit like this, right?
*These were penned by me and I’m a lil proud, so don’t let me catch you stealing them.
The Seven Heathen Whatevers, as opposed to that Nine Noble Virtues Asatru Dudebro Crap:
- Help those around you if you can, and make things better for everyone. You are a part of the world.
- Never assume you’re the strongest or the wisest. Use what you have, but don’t overestimate. You are enough.
- Laugh at your mistakes, and move on. Thor accidentally tried to drink an ocean once. You are human.
- Spare what you can for those in need. If you are in need, don’t be afraid to ask others for what they can spare. You are important.
- Sometimes the only language someone will speak is fists. Violence can be an answer. You have a right to your anger.
- Sometimes envy comes from those who suffer, and sometimes it is toxic. Don’t frown for anyone. You also have a right to your joy.
- Deafen yourself to those who want to contain you with words, for they don’t know you the way you do. You determine who you are.
if anyone knows of any good Anglo Saxon/Old English language or writing system books. holler at me, son
Is the goal to learn Old English? Or just the orthography? For Old West Saxon with normalized orthography the Electronic Introduction to Old English should probably…